Photographer, Fine Artist and Seer of Things
Linz Welch is an environmental and landscape photographer who is interested in how the photograph can act as filter between viewer and place, in its ability to reveal the truth of an environment. Her work has been exhibited nationally. She creates photographic art for the environmentally engaged viewer who collects photographs that reveal the truth of an environment, and ourselves within it. Linz is currently living in Tampa, FL USA and holds a Master of Fine Art in photography. Her work's focus is in man's topography and the compartmentalization of place as we relate to it. Linz's approach to picture making is analytical and analogous, seeking the often-awkward relationships between object and location that tell of our relationship to the world around us through the way we arrange it. As an avid technology user, she is specifically concerned with the role digital media and photography play in contemporary society, and its mediation of the way we relate to place and each other.
• 2014-2018 Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA.
Masters of Fine Art, Focus on Fine Art Photography
• 2010-2013 International Academy of Design & Technology, Tampa, FL.
Bachelor of Fine Arts , Professional Photography
• 2009-2010 International Academy of Design & Technology, Tampa, FL.
Associates of Science, Digital Photography
• 1999-2000 Tampa Technical Institute, Tampa, FL.
Certificate, Computer Sciences
PROJECTS & FREELANCE
• 2019 Lecture & Workshop: Cityscapes Man In The Landscape at FMoPA
• 2013 Drafted and Co-founded United Photographic Artists Gallery
• 2012-2013 IADT Assistant professor for portfolio creation & organization
• 2011 Custom logo design for "Senior Bugs", including promotional packet
• 2010 Full photographic coverage of Annual Beat Wars Event, Ybor City
• 2009 Exclusive coverage of Suncoast Flatlanders Annual 4x4 Charity Event
• 2008 The Wasserburger-Wilson Wedding
• 2008 15 images commissioned antique automotive series "Calhan"
AWARDS & SHOWS
• 2017 Selected image shown at Academy of Art University Spring Show
• 2016 Selected image featured in Photo Place Exhibition Gallery: Night Photography
• 2016 Group show in UPAG at The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
• 2016 Group exhibition at Stage Works Theater
• 2015 Group show at Studio at 620 via UPAG
• 2014 Group show at Nude Nite, Tampa FL
• 2013 Images selected by IADT President for ongoing display at building entry
• 2012 Ranked Third in IADT campus wide artistic competition
• 2010-2013 Awarded Academic Alumni Scholarship
• 2009-2013 Achieved multiple awards of President's and Dean's list at IADT
• 2009-2013 Student portrait portfolio and business plan integrated into curricula